Bicycling is one of the fastest-growing past times in California and a popular form of exercise. Already in 2020, nationwide sales of bicycles and related accessories have grown more than 600% over this time last year.
Though this growth in bicycle sales is in large part due to concerns about using public transportation during the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as a desire amongst restless Americans to get out and exercise, it rides an upward trend in bicycle sales that began many years before.
Unfortunately, this increase in the popularity of bicycling also comes with an increase in bicycle accidents. What’s’ more, when an automobile is involved in a bicycle accident, the resulting injuries can be catastrophic.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the number of cyclists killed in 2018 rose 6.3%, even though total traffic fatalities declined. Also, according to the NHTSA, a total of 857 bicyclists were killed in accidents involving other motor vehicles in 2018, a 7% increase from the previous year.
If you have been injured in a bicycle accident in California, you should contact an experienced personal injury attorney at EAccidents as soon as possible. You may be entitled to recover the money you need to address your injuries, pay for the damage to your bicycle, and much more.
Our Law Firm
Whether you were hit by an opening car door or a vehicle that did not notice you on the road, or whether you encountered an unexpected and poorly marked speed bump or a vehicle blocking the bike lane, bicycle accidents can happen, and when they do, they often result in serious injuries to the cyclist.
After your bicycle accident, you may have a lot of questions running through your mind, including:
- How long after my accident should I get an attorney involved?
- Do I still have a case if the automobile didn’t actually hit me?
- Should I accept the insurance company’s offer?
- How do I know if I even have a good bicycle accident case?
It is only natural to be concerned about your injuries and whether or not you will receive the compensation you need to fully recover from them. The good news is that there are laws that protect cyclists in California and amazing lawyers that will fight for you at EAccidents.
A personal injury attorney that has experience handling bicycle accident cases can help you navigate these laws and hold those responsible for your bicycle accident liable for your injuries and losses. Even if you were not actually struck by a vehicle, you may have a case if you were injured as a result of having to avoid the vehicle.
EAccidents attorneys will review all of your legal options and determine if you have a case worth pursuing. We understand your concerns and will strive to obtain the maximum compensation possible for your injuries and losses.
If you have been injured in a bicycle accident in California, contact EAccidents to speak with an experienced California bicycle accident attorney
What To Do After Being injured in a California Bicycle Accident
You have been injured in a bicycle accident. You are worried about racking up medical bills, and losing time at work. You are concerned about how your case will settle. You want to get the highest settlement amount possible, but you don’t know what to do.
What you do in the hours immediately after a bicycle accident is extremely important to the success of any bicycle accident claim you may file later. Here are the steps you need to take to 1) preserve your right to compensation, 2) secure evidence to support your claim, and 3) increase your settlement as much as possible:
- Get the medical attention and treatment that you needDon’t simply grin and bear the pain. Call EAccidents for a referral to some of the top doctors in the country. You need to go see a doctor, even if you are not in any great pain as you may be suffering from internal injuries or your pain could be masked by the adrenaline of the accident. In order to establish your claim for compensation, you will need a licensed medical professional to officially diagnose and document your injuries.
- Collect informationGet the name and contact information of any other parties involved in the accident. Record their names, addresses, telephone numbers, driver’s license numbers, insurance details, and license plate numbers. Also, collect the names, addresses, and contact information of anyone who witnessed the bicycle accident.
- Take photos of your injuries while they are still fresh. It is important to take photos as soon as possible to document the full extent of your injuries for future consideration and to make your case stronger. The longer you wait to take photos, the more healed you will be and the less effective the photos will be at demonstrating the extent of your injuries.
- Hire a lawyer with experience in California bicycle accident casesThis will work to your advantage in two ways:
- The EAccidents team will do most of the work for you
- Personal injury settlements are typically higher for victims who are represented by an attorney than for those who represent themselves and negotiate with an insurance company without a lawyer.
- Be patientInsurance companies will often throw small settlement amounts at you if they feel that you are desperate to settle. If you are willing to wait, your attorney will usually be able to get a higher settlement amount on your behalf.
Why Hire Us?
- EAccidents has been representing accident victims for many years. Not only have we become experts in our field, but we are also dedicated to providing client-focused service.
- Personal injury law is very complex, and while insurance companies may suggest that you don’t need to file an accident claim, you should always engage an experienced personal injury law firm, like ours, as soon as possible after being injured in an accident.
- We know what cases like yours are worth and will assist you in documenting your losses so that you can demand full compensation.
- We are respected by insurance companies, know how to obtain excellent results, and are willing to go all the way to trial to ensure that you receive every bit of compensation you are entitled to recover for your injuries and losses.
Contact an Experienced California Bicycle Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one has been injured in a California bicycle accident, you need an experienced personal injury attorney to help you recover the highest possible amount for your injuries and losses. We accept personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that we don’t get paid unless we recover money on your behalf. Therefore, we have every incentive to work hard on your case and to get you the best possible results.
Give our law office a call today to arrange a free consultation with an experienced California bicycle accident attorney.