Motorcycle accident are becoming more frequent as the number of distracted drivers continues to rise due to the prevalence of cell phones and other electronic devices in almost every vehicle. Motorcycle riders are more vulnerable than other motorists and suffer more severe injuries and death when an accident does occur.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be facing a long recovery accompanied by enormous medical bills. It is therefore crucial that you consult with an experienced team of professionals that specializes in these types of personal injury cases.
EAccidents can help you recover the compensation you need to recover both physically and financially from your injuries and losses. If this is something you would like to discuss further, then call us today to speak with an experienced California motorcycle accident attorney. We can help you hold the negligent party responsible to the maximum extent of the law.
Our California Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident in California, you may be facing extreme physical pain, emotional distress, and financial hardship. The motorcycle accident attorneys at our law firm are experienced at helping injured motorcyclists obtain full, fair, and adequate compensation for their injuries and losses.
We will assist you in all aspects of your motorcycle injury case, including dealing with the insurance companies, obtaining proper medical treatment, documenting your lost wages and income, and most importantly, obtaining a fair settlement.
EAccidents lawyers approach motorcycle accident cases in a way that ensures the best possible outcome for our clients. We employ aggressive advocacy with an in-depth knowledge of the law and a tremendous amount of determination to obtain the best result possible in every case we accept.
We can deal with the insurance companies, medical facilities, doctors, and lawyers, while you focus on resting and recovering from your motorcycle accident. Call us today for a free consultation and to put our years of personal injury law experience to work for you.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accident in California
75% of all motorcycle accident involve a collision between the motorcycle and another vehicle. Also, 66% of motorcycle accident are caused by motorists violating the motorcyclist’s right of way, this includes:
- Moving into a motorcycle’s lane
- Making improper left turns in front of a motorcyclist
- Opening doors in front of an approaching motorcyclist
Our skilled motorcycle accident attorneys will investigate your crash closely and work with medical professionals, police officers, and accident reconstruction experts to build a solid case that is designed to obtain maximum compensation for your injuries and losses.
Motorcycle Accident Cases vs. Car Accident Cases
Many people assume that motorcycle accident cases are the same as auto accident cases. But nothing could be further from the truth.
The typical motorcycle accident case is very different than the typical car accident case. One of the reasons is because there are negative stereotypes about motorcyclists that result in strong presumptions that the motorcyclist is always at fault in an accident.
These negative perceptions not only impact the question of who is responsible for the accident, but also have an impact on the settlement value of motorcycle accident claims.
Most motorcyclists, however, are extremely safe and conscientious drivers who are concerned about their own safety. Therefore, they wear helmets, protective vests, take safety courses, and have driving records that are cleaner than the average driver’s.
The truth is, many of the serious motorcycle accidents that occur are the result of motorists who do not pay close enough attention to the road to notice motorcyclists. The most common example of this is a car or truck that makes a left-hand turn and hits a bike head-on because the motorist failed to pay enough attention and did notice the oncoming motorcyclist.
What To Do If You Have Been Involved In A Motorcycle Accident in California
- Call 911First things first, think of your health. Call 911 to get emergency personnel and the police to come. Seek medical care if you are injured or feeling any kind of pain or discomfort. Make sure that a police report is made and that you request a copy.
- Collect EvidenceIf you can, document as many details about the accident as possible. More than 75% of us own a smartphone. Don’t forget to use it. Take photos of your bike, the other vehicles involved, the surroundings, the setting, and the road conditions. Take photos of any damage to vehicles and injuries to those involved in the accident.
- Collect InformationWrite down the names, addresses, contact info, driver’s license numbers, and insurance details of every motorist involved in the accident. Be prepared to provide your details as well. Also, write down the contact details for anyone who witnessed the accident. This will be extremely important if it is not clear who was at fault or if liability is disputed at a later date.
- Refrain from TalkingRefrain from talking to anyone about the accident until you have consulted with an attorney. Above all, never say anything to anyone that can be interpreted as an admission of fault for the accident.
- Get a Lawyer From EAccidents InvolvedGet a California motorcycle accident lawyer involved as soon as possible. An experienced attorney can help you gather the evidence you will need to support your injury claim before it is lost.
Contact an Experienced California Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident in California, you may be entitled to substantial compensation for your medical bills, lost wages and income, damage to your bike, pain and suffering, and much more. However, what you do immediately after a motorcycle accident will determine how likely you are to recover all of your losses.
You need to contact an attorney that specializes in motorcycle accident to represent your legal interests. Our law firm has a long track record of success in bringing personal injury claims on behalf of motorcyclists who have been injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence. Call us today for a free consultation.